Is Canadian maple wood good for skateboards? Yes, Canadian maple wood is one of the best woods for skateboards because it is durable, lightweight, and stable.
The maple wood from Canada produces some of the world’s best and most loved skateboards.
Canadian Maple wood has a reputation for being one of the best woods for skateboards. The boards produced from Maple Wood are usually very strong and durable, but they can also be flexible enough to absorb the impact of hard landings on ramps and other obstacles.
This article will find why maple wood is a consistent choice for skateboard decks along with its pros and cons. Let’s jump into it.
Why is Maple Wood used for Skateboards?
The answer to this question is rather straightforward. Maple wood is used to build skateboards because of its superior strength.
Most skateboards are made from maple, so I think it’s a fair assumption that the material is strong enough to support human weight, which it definitely is.
This wood is typically sourced from the Great Lakes region of North America and is known for its abundance of high-quality maple trees.
The wood from these trees is also very flexible, making it ideal for skateboard use.
Are Maple Skateboards good?
The answer is yes. There are many different types of skateboards, but the most popular type is the maple brand skateboards.
Maple is the best material for a skateboard because it is strong and durable, which means that it can withstand a lot of wear and tear.
This makes it ideal for beginners who want to take their skating skills to the next level, as well as professionals who want to use their board on a daily basis.
Maple brand skateboards are quickly gaining ground in the skateboard world as a top choice for pro skaters.
Maple decks offer a lot of durability and stiffness, which is great for more experienced riders who want to do tricks and flips.
The maple construction is also very lightweight, making it a good option for those who want a fast board that can still take some abuse.
Maple boards typically come in a variety of graphics and colors, giving riders plenty of options to choose from.
Maple is a type of wood that is commonly used in skateboards because it provides the best performance.
Why is Canadian Maple Wood the Consistent Choice for Skateboard Decks?
Maple is a very common choice for skateboard decks because of the following reasons:
- Maple Wood is strong. It can hold up to all the wear and tear of skating.
- Maple Wood is flexible. It can absorb a lot of impact during hard landings on the deck.
- Maple Wood has a low moisture content, making it more stable than other hardwoods.
- Maple Wood absorbs shock when boards are dropped or slammed against each other.
- Maple wood is strong enough to be shaped into concave curves, so skaters get the most out of their board from the shape.
Maple’s hard, fibrous grain makes it a viable option for skateboards, but there are many reasons why it remains the most prevalent wood in board crafting.
Maple Wood is dense and strong enough to withstand the weight of a person jumping on and off the board, yet is still light enough for an agile rider to move around with ease. Additionally, maple has a moderate amount of giving to it.
This means that when a rider does land on the board from a jump, there is still an element of springiness to prevent injury from too stiff boards (which would then transfer all the force of impact directly into the ankles during a fall).
Benefits of Canadian Maple Wood Skateboard:
- Maple wood is a very durable material. The maple wood can withstand stress and pressure, making it perfect for skateboards. It is also resistant to breaking, cracking, and splintering.
- Maple wood has a natural feel that makes the board more comfortable to ride on.
- The maple brand skateboard is very flexible. And a light in weight, making it easy to carry around when not in use or when traveling with it anywhere you want to go.
- Another benefit of the maple skateboards brand is that they do not need much maintenance at all.
- Maple has a unique grain pattern that looks great on any style deck, whether you prefer graphics or natural wood grain.
The Downside of Canadian Maple Wood Skateboard:
- Maple Wood Skateboards are generally more expensive than other types of wood such as bamboo or birch.
- Maple wood is sensitive to humidity and heat, so it’s important to keep your board in a dry place when not in use. It can warp or crack if the board gets wet or is left outside in the sun for too long.
- Maple is soft enough to get deep scratches and marks if you drop it on hard surfaces, which can damage the whole board.
How Strong is Canadian Maple Skateboard Wood?
Hard Maple, also known as “Hard Rock Maple” or “Canadian Maple,” is a very hard and desirable wood.
The Janka Hardness Rating of Maple wood is 1450, making it very hard and strong. The higher the score, the harder and stronger the wood will be.
Janka’s hardness score for soft maple is 950.
The tree that it comes from is prized for its strength and longevity. Hard Maple can be found in the US and Canada, with the US being the more common source of wood.
How Long do Canadian Maple Skateboards Last?
The answer depends on the type of skating you’re doing, how often you’re riding it, what kind of tricks you do, and How you take care of it.
Generally, the average lifespan of a maple skateboard brand is about 2 to 3 years.
If you’re just cruising around town or going to the park every once in a while, your board may last for years.
If you’re a hardcore skater who rides every day, your board may only last a few months (between one month and six months).
Wrap-Up on Is Canadian Maple Wood Good for Skateboards?
In the end, there’s no denying that Canadian maple wood is an excellent choice for skateboards. It’s durable and strong, meaning it can last a long time and make for a smooth carving experience.
If you’re looking for a durable skateboard that can withstand a lot of wear and tear, a maple wood board is a great choice.
We hope you enjoyed this blog post on Is Canadian maple wood good for skateboards. Now you can be sure to choose the perfect wood for your next project by knowing how maple wood compares to other woods.
FAQ on Are Maple Skateboards good:
Q1. Is the maple skateboards brand good for beginners?
Ans: Yes, Maple skateboards are beginner-friendly skateboards and the most popular brand among beginner skaters because of their affordable prices and quality boards.